- At no time will any Feed Provider send data or feeds from Encrypted sources.
- At no time will any Feed Provider send any Cellular phone communications/data.
- At no time will any Feed Provider send any data or feeds that are not available for the public under Federal, State, or Local laws.
- At no time will any Feed Provider send any data or feeds in violation of the following section (Interception and Divulgence of Radio Communications) from the FCC.
- Administrative personnel from ScannerXtreme.com have the right to remove any feeds or Feed Providers from the Site/System for any violation of the Terms of Service for Feed Providers. Additionally, all member benefits associated with the Provider level of membership may be cancelled.
Interception and Divulgence of Radio Communications
Federal and state laws make intercepting and divulging radio communications illegal and punishable by severe criminal penalties, with certain exceptions.
What kinds of interception and divulgence of radio transmissions are legal?The FCC and the Communications Act do not forbid certain types of interception and disclosure of radio communications, including:
- Mere interception of radio communications, such as overhearing your neighbor’s conversation over a cordless telephone, or listening to emergency service reports on a radio scanner (although intercepting and/or recording telephone-related radio communications may be a violation of other federal or state laws).
- Divulgence of certain radio communications that were transmitted for use by the public (such as over-the-air radio and television broadcasts).
- Divulgence of broadcasts related to ships, aircraft, vehicles or persons in distress.
- Divulgence of transmissions by amateur radio or citizen band radio operators.
What kinds of interception and divulgence are prohibited?The Communications Act prohibits a person from using an intercepted radio communication for his or her own benefit. Examples of this include:
- A taxicab company intercepting radio communications between dispatchers and drivers of a rival company to gain competitive advantages.
- Unauthorized interception of signals from pay television services, such as cable or satellite.
- A person selling or publishing a recording or contents of someone else’s wireless phone conversation.
- You must use a Windows or Linux computer and send your feeds from a SDR system compatible with ScannerXtreme. For more details, contact Support@ScannerXtreme.com or Join our support community at https://gitter.im/ScannerXtreme/Support